• Pickleball Canada encourages FUN round robin tournaments however they do not endorse awarding points unless there is an elimination component to the tournament. In our case, Pickleball Canada will insure participating members however, they will not award points since we do not have time to do an elimination for each ranking.
• All players must have a membership with Pickleball Canada for insurance purposes.
• Your PCO #________ is required!. Please contact Pickleball Canada for more information.
Our tournament will follow the following rules:
• Pickleball Canada recommends that all play, both tournament and recreational, be played according to the official IFP rules.
• Click for IFP Official rules.
• Click for IFP Pickleball Rules Summary.
• Non-compliant equipment is not permitted and the latest ONIX Indoor ball will be used.
Kelowna Secondary School
• 1079 Raymer Ave, Kelowna, BC
• Ample parking is available in the parking lots. Gymnasium doors will be open at 7:15 AM.
• The gym facilities have 8 courts modified for our needs.
• Vending machines are available in the lobby.
• Washrooms are adjacent to the lobby area
• Everyone is guaranteed to play 7 games.
• A maximum of 64 players will be allowed in the morning event and a maximum of 64 players for the afternoon event.
• In this tournament, you sign up as individuals and so no partners are required.
• Players must check in 15 minutes before their first scheduled game and be ready to play on-time.
• All games will commence with a 2-minute warm up. The team serving first will be decided by a coin toss or equivalent. The winner of the coin toss will have the option to serve, receive or court side. The opponents choose from the remaining options.
• Players will referee their own games. The serve shall not commence until after the server has called the score. Players are responsible for calling all line faults on their court. All calls are to be made instantaneously, and good etiquette says close calls are ALWAYS awarded to your opponents. The Official Scorekeeper will record the scores. The Tournament Director will settle all disputes.
• There will be no re-plays, other than what are in the IFP Rules.
• All games are to 11 points.
• The winning team shall indicate the results of the game to the Official Scorekeeper and he/she will post the results on the Official Result Wall Chart.
• Once all games in the event are completed, the points are tallied for each individual. The top 3-point getters for each court are awarded medals. In the event of a tie, there will be no tie breakers. All winners will be awarded medals.
• SECURE YOUR VALUABLES! Non-marking court shoes, not normally worn outdoors, shall be worn.
• The Tournament Director ONLY may authorize a spare/substitute into the tournament.
• Entry fees must be paid prior to play.
• Lunch will be provided from 11:30 AM until 2:30 PM.
• Both morning and afternoon groups are invited to mix and mingle during the noon hour while having lunch.
• All Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will have photos taken with medals as illustrated below. These photos will be posted on our website. In lieu of winners keeping the medals, winners will receive commemorative pins in the color of their win as illustrated below. The design will be similar to the one below but will reflect our new name and logo. You may consider wearing it on your hat or clothing as testimony of your win.
• All participants will be given a ticket upon sign-in on the date of the tournament. This ticket will be used to award a number of door prizes over the course of the event.
• Please bring some cash for the 49/51 fund raising draw which will be held in AM only.
• Prize winners must be present to accept their winnings.
• We will be requiring volunteers for the following: lunch, recording of scores, setting up lines in the gym, general setup, prize draws, registration desk. If interested, contact Ray Timbers for more information.
• A donation will be made to BC Cancer Society.
• A donation will be given to Pickleball Kelowna Club’s future courts.
• We will be making available 2 loaner pickleball kits. A kit includes a portable pickleball net, 4 paddles, and 2 outdoor or indoor balls. Priority will be given to communities who participate in our tournament and who want to promote pickleball. These kits will be made available upon request on a first come first serve basis.